We have officially been in St. John’s for one month. We’ve done a lot in that month.
– DD has found her dance studio and made some friends.
– Both kids have done a musical theatre camp and DS was asked to join in the Wizard of Oz musical cast for performances in October. He has started rehearsals, is loving it and making friends.
– We bought a house! We are in the process of arranging renovations, but at least we know where we are going to live. And the best part is that it is exactly in between sister #2 and sister #3. Yeah!
– We have seen lots of family and feel so lucky to be so close to everyone!
– DH is settling into working at home. It will be better once we have our house. The sun room will be his office and is bright and happy. Since he will be working out of the house, having a positive place to work each day is key!
– I have lots of house and life details still to arrange, but I will need to start job hunting soon. Wish me luck with that!
So all in all, a productive month. Every now and again someone will comment to me that this was “quite a big move for us all“, or that it is “a big deal to move your entire family at this point in our lives (especially the kids)“. Sometimes I get that look of “Are you crazy?“. Well, I guess it is a big deal. And maybe we are a bit crazy. It doesn’t feel crazy. I still have this gut feeling that everything is right in my world, even when I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed. And honestly I do have those moments. But we are where we need to be. That much is still crystal clear.
Can’t wait for month two.